piątek, 2 grudnia 2011

Weekend in Joburg, SA

Yesterday I have arrived to Joburg. My project in Zambia is not finished, but it is posponed. Most probably I will fly to Lusaka again - my visa is valid for 12 more days. 

Joburg - Yestreday I have chance to be in office in local company. People are not as nice and kind as in Lusaka. But still they are quite open and talkative. We had a small discussion about languages and cultures - polish and aouth afriacan. Here it is a mix of all western europe culutures and african. Local language afrikaanse is much similar to dutch language. Of course main language here is english. 

I had a chance to go to Pretoria with Gautrain line, unfortunatelly it was short trip just to railway station and back to Rosebank, where my hotel is. Nevertheless it was good oportunity to see country from train perspective. My impression it is much more developed than my home country. Builidngs are very similar to those I could see in UK, in satelitties cities around London. Moreover small houses are quite similar to newly builded in south of France like in area of Nice, Marseille. 

For this weekend I have plans to discover close district of Rosebank, tomorrow Sandton. 

View from my room at 8th floor.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz